What is it?
The A1C or sometimes referred to as HbA1c is a blood test that tells your doctor what your average blood sugar has been over the last 3 months. The test can be used for two things: first, to diagnose diabetes or prediabetes and second, to measure how successful your current diabetes therapy is. Because diabetes is always changing, your treatment will need to change over time too, and it is the A1C test that is used to see how you’re doing and plan those changes.
Why is a1c preferable than standard blood glucose test?
The A1c test measures an average of your blood glucose control over a period of 2-3 months, which reflects a more accurate picture of your overall health trend and eating habit. Whereas blood glucose test captures the level of your blood glucose only at that moment. And as we know, it can vary widely throughout the day; depending on whether you’ve just had a meal, stress level, etc.
Having your blood tested? Always Aim for this range to be considered healthy
Fasting Blood glucose: <125 mg/dL(< 5.6 mmol/L)
A1c level: < 6.0%
What does the A1c test measure?
In simple terms, sugar molecules stick to red blood cells. The more sugar you have in your blood, the more sugar is going to stick to those cells.
The A1c test measures the amount of sugar stuck to the hemoglobin of red blood cells, and therefore tells us how much sugar is in your blood.
The test measures a three-month window because red blood cells only live for three months.
And because the test measures how much sugar your red blood cells have been exposed to over the past three months, what you ate the day of the test, or the day before the test won’t change the results at all.
So let’s talk about what the results mean
The test result is shown as a percentage. For most people, scores between 5.0% and 6.9% are considered good diabetes control. Higher than 7% is classified as out of control and the higher the score the greater your risk of complications.
Bayer A1CNOW- The Best A1c Home Test Kit
- Lab accurate
- National Glycohemoglobin Standardization Program certified
- Quick Result: Just 5 minutes
- Small blood sample needed. Only 5μL.
- Easy to use
- No maintainence needed
A1cnow plus systems provide accurate a1c results at the point of care it’s portable can be used in multiple exam rooms and it requires no maintenance. It’s easy to use and delivers results in just five minutes.
Instructions – Here’s how it works:
You only need a 5 micro liter blood sample the process just attached to the collector to the base and mix is designed to be intuitive and efficient and easy to use the monitors display guides you through the process step-by-step.
The a1c now plus system begins to perform the test and the countdown begins the analyzer conducts internal quality control checks and in five minutes the hba1c results are displayed. The innovative A1C now plus system is CLIA waived IFCC and NGSP certified. You can buy hemoglobin a1c test kit nowadays either on amazon, walmart, cvs, walgreens, or your local pharmacy store.
Here’s what is included with the test kit: Blood Collectors, Sampler Bodies & Test Cartrdiges
Good NEWS!!! Type 2 Diabetes is completely reversible
From Dr Josh Axe:
“I had a patient, Kirby, who was able to reverse his diabetes in just 2 weeks. I’ve had other patients in less time, some in just a few months. I guarantee you can see great results with this.”
Dr Axe 5 Action Steps to Reverse Diabetes:
1. Remove all Sugar and Grains from your Diet.
– Refined carbohydrates, such as white bread, rice, and pasta, convert into sugar in the bloodstream within 4 minutes of consumption.
– Limit sugar consumption to about 30-50 grams per day, or less, from only natural, real food sources.
– Avoid: Conventional dairy
– Replace fruits that contain a high sugar content with low glycemic fruits, such as lemons, limes, and berries (specifically raspberries).
2. Start Exercising!
– Weight Training is preferable (as it stimulates GLUT 4 vesicles to the surface of our cell membranes; meaning our body can uptake glucose without the need of insulin.)
– Muscle mass and physical activity help burn up sugar in the blood stream.
– Add weight training and burst training to your exercise routine.
– To learn more about BurstFit training, visit: www.BurstFit.com
3. Supplement with Minerals
– The #1 supplement for balancing blood sugar levels is chromium.
– Chromium is found in vegetables, beans, nuts and seeds.
– If you struggle with diabetes, supplementing with 200 mcg chromium with each meal can have a positive effect on insulin levels.
4. Increase Antioxidant Intake
– The #2 supplement for balancing blood sugar levels is organic cinnamon.
– Supplement with 1 Tbsp. cinnamon per day or 1 tsp. with each meal.
– Consume Plenty of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
5. Supplement with high quality fish oil with antioxidants.
– Fish oil is rich in omega 3 which is anti inflamation, you can even support it even more with strong antioxidant like Astaxanthin.
or You can watch his explanation below: